Welcome to Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management, Your Destination for Fee-Only Wealth Management Solutions.
Fiduciary Advisors Serving the Washington, D.C. Area & Vero Beach, FL
Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management has been providing independent, fee-only financial planning and wealth management services to Rockville, MD and the greater D.C. area since 1978. We believe our independence from financial institutions and insurance companies is key to providing objective advice to our clients. Our wealth managers and financial planners operate under the fiduciary standard, meaning that we are able to provide objective advice about your financial situation and always put your interests above our own. Our goal is to help our clients plan wisely, so they can live fully.
If you need a fiduciary advisor in the Rockville, MD or Vero Beach, FL areas, contact us for a free consultation today!
What Is a Fiduciary?
At the most basic level, a fiduciary is a trustee. In the world of financial planning and wealth management, the fiduciary standard demands that financial advisors put their clients’ needs above their own and that financial decisions on behalf of the client are made with careful analysis and comprehensive information.
Don’t All Financial Advisors Follow the Fiduciary Standard?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Most people don’t know that the typical broker is held only to the suitability standard, which simply requires the broker to make “suitable” recommendations, regardless of whether that recommendation is in the client’s absolute best interests. You can rest easy knowing our team members at Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management will always operate under the fiduciary standard.
Wealth Management Services in Rockville, MD
Personal Financial Planning
A personal financial plan can assist in making smart decisions about your money throughout every stage of your life. Our financial planners will walk you through every step of the process from discovery to execution to periodic check-ups. Wondering if you need a financial planner? If you’re asking yourself that question, you probably do. Contact us for a free initial consultation so we can look at your specific situation and discuss your options!
Our investment philosophy is built on six principles:
- Efficient markets: We believe that markets are efficient, meaning that competition drives prices to a fair market value and no one is able to achieve higher returns without higher risk.
- Global diversification: We aim to diversify portfolios globally in order to allow investors to capture returns wherever they occur.
- Long term investments and discipline: Our philosophy is grounded in the belief that disciple is crucial to successful wealth-building, and that the disciplined investor will succeed over the impulsive investor in the long term.
- Failure of investment management: Research shows that investment strategies that attempt to “stay ahead” of markets through timing and speculation often fail. We at Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management use an academic approach that is grounded in the principles mentioned above. We often utilize Dimensional Funds that aren’t available to individual investors.
- Minimizing transaction costs: Our approach often lowers transaction costs and employs low-fee mutual funds that cost far less than the industry average.
- Tax investment strategies: If you require tax-sensitive investment strategies, we will take into account after-tax returns while still employing our tried-and-true investment philosophy.
Retirement Planning for Business Owners
Federal rules and increased regulatory scrutiny have made it hard for business owners to navigate the ever-evolving landscape of employer retirement plans on their own. We work with you to determine an effective small business retirement plan that satisfies your needs and the needs of your employees while helping to ensure you are complying with regulations.
Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management for Fiduciary Advice in Maryland, Northern Virginia, & Washington, D.C.
With more than three decades of experience offering wealth management advice, financial planning, and investment management for customers in the Maryland and D.C. area, we’re not new to the industry. We’ve helped countless clients achieve their financial goals, and we’re ready to start working for you! We know that every client is different, and we’ll tailor our plans and advice to your needs.
If you’re looking for a wealth manager or financial planner that puts you first, call Ferguson-Johnson Wealth Management at (301) 284-8786 today!
Rockville, Gaithersburg, Potomac, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, and surrounding areas
Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Mclean, Great Falls, Falls Church, Fairfax, Tysons, Arlington, and nearby cities
Vero Beach and surrounding area